Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Beliefs

- Dogs are better than cats
- You should always do your best
- Busy work sucks
- School should inspire students to think independently
- Being true to yourself is the most important thing that one can do
- Family forms the foundation of every person

"Dogs are better than cats"- Dogs seldom make you earn their love and affection. They give it unconditionally and that's exactly what I want in my pet. I have to deal with HUMANS that have human emotions all day, the last thing I need is a pet that behaves in the same way (cats for instance). One of the only things that could make me change my belief is a traumatic experience with a dog. If I was injured by an animal, I may feel differently about them.

"Schools should inspire students to think independently"- This should be the main function of schools and very few embrace it. Lessons learned in the classroom will seldom be remembered, but an institution that can teach a person to think, reason critically, and form their own opinions, leaves a skill with the student that will last a lifetime. This idea formed because I feel that our University doesn't always do the best job of this. Going through a year and a half of education here has made me realize that if you want to be inspired, you have to find the source on your own. A dramatic change in the way business classes are taught would help me to lessen this belief, but until then, I feel very strongly about this issue.

No comments: