Monday, September 8, 2008

How I see the world

I would have to say that overall, I have a very optimistic view of the world. I believe that making mistakes is ok and that that is how we best learn about ourselves and our surroundings. I believe that in the end, things tend to work out , even if the end result is one that I had not previously imagined. Because of these views, I don't mind taking risks when making decision. The way I have always seen it, even if the worst case scenario should come to be, it could only lead to a valuable lesson being learned. However, this kind of thinking requires some kind of fail-safe, and for me, that's the knowledge that I believe I am a rational decision maker. I would never make a decision that could be a detriment to myself or others with the simple rationalization that "I'll learn from it."

2 comments:

Taylor said...

That's a great attitude towards life! Keep trying new things and challenging yourself because you do grow when you fail. But being able to make wise decisions is also valuable as well!

Anonymous said...

I think it's very good that you have such an optimistic view of the world because there are so many people that don't. I agreed with a lot of what you were saying such as what you said about making mistakes.