Monday, September 8, 2008

What makes a great website?

GMAIL: Relevant buttons are easily accessible and the homepage is colorful and intriguing. I visit gmail at least 150 times a day.

WEATHER: It's easy to find your state and the radar. Streaming video of the current radar made it critical for my job at the golf course this summer.

ILLINOIS.EDU: It's necessity puts it into my top 5 but with the new homepage, it's very easy to use and much more visually appealing. The relevant links jump out at you now and I don't mind having to log into it every day.

FACEBOOK.COM: I use the new facebook and I really like it. All the posts and everything are consolidated on one wall and the bumper stickers and apps and everything are only accessed if you want to see them. It had reduced the clutter on people's homepages and you still have access to every bit of news about your friends activity




No comments: