Monday, September 8, 2008

My Creative DNA

1.-2. What is the first creative moment that you remember?
- My first creative moment was when I colored a complete picture inside the lines for the first time (yes I actually remember). I remember that moment because everyone who helped at my kindergarten, from the principal on down to the student helpers, made a point to praise my perfectly colored picture (not because it was good but because I was the last kid to figure out that slopping color all over the page defeated the purpose). Who knows, maybe they killed a potential abstract art genius that day because I haven't colored outside the lines since.

16. Money: I'm driven to make lots of it so I can make the lives of my family members as easy as possible. I think that money corrupts most people, but if used correctly, is an incredible gift.
Power: Again, extremely valuable if used correctly. The most efficient and functional form of government would be a single person with absolute power who was able to weight every opinion equally and make a decision for the good of all. However, the world has not yet had an absolute leader of this magnitude.
Praise: Nice when you get, but I never hold mr breath for it. If you do anything for the praise, you've done it for the wrong reasons.
Rivals: Are a necessary part of any equation that leads to success. Without a rival pushing you to do your best, your greatest feats will never be achieved.
Work: Gotta do it, but don't do too much. All great achievements come as a result of hard work but it's easy to get caught up in work and allow life to pass you by. Ideally you play somewhere in the middle.
Play: An equally important part of the success equation. Play unlocks creativity and frees the mind from the stresses of work. Work and play in equal parts is always essential.
17. I most admire performing artists because they have talents that I wish I would have pursued as a young kid. They visual and audio performances that they are able to create never cease to amaze me, and I love being an observer of the.
33. My greatest dream is too one day be able to be proud of the things that I have accomplished and creates during my time on the earth. I hope one day that the elusive sense of true self-satisfaction will not be able to elude me anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought it was very interesting that you remember your first creative moment. I tried to think of one but nothing really came to mind. : (